In the news the NHS is never far from the headlines. ‘7 Day Working’, ‘Improving Quality’, ‘Focussing on Prevention’ and ‘Better Use of Technology’ are often mentioned and form key parts of the NHS 5 Year Forward View. This builds upon 15 years of improvement in the NHS and provides a broad consensus on what a better future for the NHS should be.
Over the last couple of years Crackerjack has been working with a number of NHS Foundation Trusts (Oxford Health Foundation Trust, Solent NHS Foundation Trust and Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust) as they work on finding ways to implement the ideas and initiatives contained in the 5 Year Forward View. It’s pleasing to see that visual thinking approaches are playing a part in helping NHS Foundation Trusts in this important work. We’ve been involved in the following work to date:
- Designing and developing an interactive on-line ‘Improvement Guide’ for Oxford Health Foundation Trust.
- Creating a rich picture showing Solent NHS Foundation Trusts new vision.
- Designing and creating an interactive on-line ‘7 Day Services Guide’ for Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
- Graphic recording a number of strategy and engagement events for both Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust and Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
- Designing a graphically facilitated ‘Making Every Contact Count’ engagement session for Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust.
- Running a graphic skills workshop for the Oxford Health Improvement and Innovation Team.
- Designing and creating an interactive on-line ‘Oxford Quality Improvement Toolkit’ for Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
The tools and approaches we’ve created all have a single goal: to engage people and provide them with the information they need in the most accessible, informative and relevant way possible. Using visual thinking principles in all of our work enables Crackerjack to achieve this goal.
To find out more about how Crackerjack could help you engage and communicate with you people more effectively (whether you work in the NHS or in another sector), please contact us, call +44 (0)775 282 6227 or visit www.crackerjackvisualthinking.com